POSITION TITLE: Account Vice President of Business Sales
REPORTS TO: VP of Relationship Management
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Community Development
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to develop a highly effective professional business relationship presence in our marketplace. The position is responsible for ensuring exceptional member experience is delivered to both internal and external members. A key component of this service to external members is to ensure all business partners financial needs are known and then suggest appropriate Credit Union solutions.
The AVP of Business Sales exists to lead all aspects of territory growth, to include consumer and business membership, loans and deposits. This position is a key role responsible and accountable for increasing revenue through the generation of new business and further development of existing accounts. Key responsibilities include development of business strategy to support growth goals and provide focus on balanced scorecard objectives and brand value in a defined market area.
- Adheres to Financial Center’s Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside Financial Center
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long term objectives.
- Professional service attitude
- Performs daily assignments independently.
- Resolves questions or problems on the basis of past precedent and interpretation of policy and procedural guidelines.
- Work is reviewed for adherence to policies and procedures.
- Achieve monthly sales and loan goals established to support the business plans of the credit union
- Develop Select Employer Group Relationships and expand existing relationships to achieve credit union goals for sales and loan production goals
- Work with other credit union specialists to fulfill member or business loan opportunities uncovered during the sales and relationship building process.
- Expand our business relationships by developing partnership programs and selling new business solutions and services.
- Grow membership and relationships through aggressive outreach within the assigned territory Implement business strategies that support the Credit Union balanced scorecard objectives
- Participates in creating strategic partnerships, alliances and bundles that Financial Center is highly visible and properly positioned and referenced
- Analyze current business opportunities and create a compelling business solution, complete with detailed analysis
- Actively participate in all community events and organizations to maximize visibility and awareness in the marketplace
- Understands the business processes to ensure maximum engagement between the business community and our entire credit union
- Present the findings and propose specific recommendations to business owners and management to continually develop and enhance current relationships
- Identification and analysis of new business opportunities within the assigned territory
- Manage losses and other risk issues effectively and within acceptable guidelines
- Ensure that all compliance requirements are met
- Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, every time by delivering consistently high quality service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our Service Promises
- Leverage current business relationships by partnering with branch managers and sales professional to know business owners and business needs through proactive outreach
- Strong partnering approach with a commitment to meeting internal and external business partners' unique needs and expectations
- Participates in development of annual budget for the territory and responsible for adherence to the budget
- Uses own judgment to make exceptions to normal procedures when circumstances warrant and when deviation can be justified
- Performs other duties commensurate with this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales or Business Administration, or 5 years equivalent work experience in a retail banking or sales environment
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Credit Union or related experience
- Should have at least 5 years proven sales experience
- Ability to work sales process with team leadership skills
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in business development with results
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan products, sufficient to have initial conversations with prospects, qualify leads and refer quality business
- Superior knowledge of the local community, industries, economic base, culture, key leaders, and competitors
- Strong verbal communication skills, creativity skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Within 90 days, must possess a thorough knowledge of Credit Union bylaws, policies, procedures and state and federal laws effecting all operations of the Retail Center; Credit Union products and services and Credit Union processes and systems
- Must have passed any and all exams given during the assigned training courses
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work requires physical mobility within the general work area and trips to area business and community functions. Assignment of multiple Center locations will require the ability to travel between the Centers on a moment’s notice and during high traffic levels. Reliable transportation is required.
To apply for this position, please view our open positions at; https://www.fcfcu.com/about-us/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants will be contacted by email.
Job opportunities listed on this site are in a credit union or related organization. If you are interested in a posted job, respond directly using the information provided. If you have questions, contact Lynley Chapin at the Indiana Credit Union League at (317) 594-5300 or (800) 285-5300. The Indiana Credit Union League acts as a clearinghouse for this listing and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description.