POSITION TITLE: Assistant Branch Manager
DEPARTMENT: Retail Operations
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Exceptional Member Experience through face-to-face interactions in the organization’s retail delivery system. The Assistant Branch Manager will assist the Branch Manager in providing leadership to the branch through efficient daily operations in all areas of banking service.
- Adheres to Financial Center’s Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside Financial Center
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long-term objectives.
- Performs daily assignments independently
- Resolves questions or problems based on past precedent and interpretation of policy and procedural guidelines.
- Develop each employee to their highest potential by identifying their areas for improvement and appropriately coaching or training to increase employee’s performance.
- Hold employees accountable for their performance, attitude and behavior. Whilst recognizing employees who perform at a high level
- Ensure that the branch meets sales and service goals as established by the Credit Union.
- Train and supervise branch staff. Assign, direct, coordinate and review work performed by staff.
- Responsible for development and training of Senior Tellers and Tellers to include:
- Resolving and correcting balancing problems, teller discrepancies, and customer concerns.
- Training of core skill sets, cross-training for smooth operation of center and development of staff, facilitating training through other sources (operations, lending, human resources)
- Preparing necessary and timely documentation and feedback (scheduled evaluations, action plans, disciplinary actions)
- Must meet goals as developed by the credit union:
- Center goals for balancing, referrals, production and quality service
- Service standards and other quantifiable goals for Branch staff.
- Ongoing successful completion of training-related exams
- Responsible, individually and for the center, for following all Internal Controls Procedures
- Responsible for scheduling of Tellers
- Assists Tellers with balancing cash drawers at day’s end and verifies branch is in balance.
- Able to maintain cash supply in vault ensuring balance does not exceed predetermined amounts
- Maintains the branch’s Automated Teller Machine (ATM) by ensuring it is working properly and that it is adequately stocked with cash and other supplies.
- Responsible for assembly of work and transferal of information to the proper department.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining proper procedures in center to ensure above average Center Audits
- Responsible for completion of monthly Teller audits, monthly tests of security systems, and ongoing security training for all staff, including robbery, fraud, and check holds.
- Ensures the accuracy and the quality of the output from the Center Service Staff.
- Ensures maintenance and upkeep of center; general appearance, supplies etc.
- Lending Responsibilities (when applicable)
- Efficiently and effectively, process consumer loan requests from members/non-members to include providing all necessary loan product information to the member. Accurately completing the loan application for the Loan Officer. Disbursing loans according to the loan decision requirements. Selling any additional business services beneficial to the member. Meet loan decision turnaround time requirements set by management.
- Manage losses and other risk issues effectively and within acceptable guidelines
- Participates in development of annual budget for the branch network and responsible for adherence to the budget
- Performs other duties commensurate with this position
Direct supervision over the Center service staff to include; assigning, directing and coordinating the work and ensuring stations are properly manned to handle transaction traffic. Works under the supervision of the Branch Manager who provides general guidelines on cash operations, direction on center sales, retention and service. Refers to supervisor for assistance only when confronted with unusual or sensitive operational problems.
- Requires knowledge typically gained through the attainment of a two-year degree
- Must have a minimum of 2 years proven sales and service experience at a financial institution or equivalent.
- Must possess strong leadership and management experience, including coaching, training, motivation, time management skills, and performance coaching.
- Within 90 days, must possess a thorough knowledge of Credit Union bylaws, policies, procedures and state and federal laws effecting all operations of the Retail Center; Credit Union products and services and Credit Union processes and systems.
- Must be able to achieve proficiency on Credit Union computer systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in business development, as well as coaching sales skills
- Must be knowledgeable of all credit union products and services
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan products, sufficient to have initial conversations with prospects, qualify leads and refer quality business
- Superior knowledge of the local community – industries, economic base, culture, key leaders, competitors
- Able to perform duties of Teller & Senior Teller
- Has strong verbal/written communication skills, self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess and have a proven track record demonstrating a high degree of creativity, organizational and sales process development skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work requires physical mobility within the general work area, continual communication with members, repetitive tasks and a high level of attention to security. The work is performed in a general office environment. Some travel may be required to the outlying centers and to businesses in the local community.
Assignment of multiple Center locations will require the ability to travel between the Centers on a moment’s notice and during high traffic levels. Reliable transportation is required
To apply for this position, please view our open positions at; https://www.fcfcu.com/about-us/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants will be contacted by email.
Job opportunities listed on this site are in a credit union or related organization. If you are interested in a posted job, respond directly using the information provided. If you have questions, contact Lynley Chapin at the Indiana Credit Union League at (317) 594-5300 or (800) 285-5300. The Indiana Credit Union League acts as a clearinghouse for this listing and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description.