PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to develop a highly effective team of employees and developing each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. The Vice President of Membership Development position exists to achieve the Credit Union’s growth goals, specifically, membership growth. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all marketing functions to achieve the company objective of sales, growth and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and positioning on a basis consistent with the corporate direction.
- Adheres to Financial Center’s Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside Financial Center
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long term objectives.
- Provides professional and courteous communication with members
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with Credit Union employees while being professional and courteous at all times
- Project a professional appearance and attitude at all times when representing the credit union
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, have the quality of engendering enthusiasm, confidence and loyalty
- Utilizes all marketing resources to achieve growth goals established by the organization.
- Creates unique promotions and campaigns that result in new business
- Develops and tracks metrics and success criteria for all campaigns, programs and activities.
- Effectively leads assigned teams to support team member’s personal growth and development plans.
- Creates a collaborative environment for team members to share ideas and to work with other areas of the organization with a goal of developing strategies that support the credit union planned objectives.
- Directs overall marketing strategy, communications and social media; responsible for the development and execution of successful multi-channel, integrated marketing plans with consistent positioning, messaging across all channels
- Negotiates high-level marketing value exchange in retailer and partner channels
- Participates in creating strategic partnerships, alliances and bundles that Financial Center is highly visible and properly positioned and referenced
- Maintains positive community and credit union relationships and participates in community activities that support the initiatives and direction of the organization
- Develops positive peer relationships that may include managers of other credit unions, credit union organizations and societies, state league and supervisory authorities
- Attends credit union conferences, conventions, seminars and other educational meetings, as appropriate.
- Education - Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field)
- Experience - Five years to eight years of similar or related experience
- Interpersonal - The ability to motivate or influence others, obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally)
- Must possess PC, Microsoft and marketing-related software skills commensurate with the position.
- Well rounded in all aspects of marketing and sales methodology in the financial services, banking and/or credit union environment
- Successful, proven record in, and extensive knowledge of, branch and membership growth strategies is required
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to produce quality results and achieve established growth metrics
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy. Must be able to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Must be able to deal effectively with employees, members and officials with tact and diplomacy
- Extremely effective public speaking skills and presence
- Should be familiar with the Credit Union bylaws, policies, procedures and state and federal laws effecting all operations of the Center
- Should have a thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and services or become well versed in 90 days
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work requires physical mobility within the work area and minimal travel locally and infrequently to other areas within the United States. Work is performed in an office or meeting room environment but requires frequent hands-on involvement throughout the entire Credit Union area of responsibility to include all offices of Headquarters and all branch locations.
TO APPLY: Use the link on this page of the credit union's website.