Salary Range:$58,000.00 To 75,000.00 Annually
FCFCU is considered a federal sub-contractor and as such, all employees hired after January 10th 2022, are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior to start date or receive an approved exemption as a condition of employment.
All applicants are required to pass a background check as a condition of employment.
PURPOSE: The position of International Community Development Officer exists to increase Financial Center’s brand recognition throughout Central Indiana with the goal of increasing Financial Center’s product and service market share among the area’s growing International community. This position delivers exceptional member service to every member, every time by ensuring employees deliver consistently high-quality service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our Values.
The International Community Development Officer’s primary responsibility is to build and grow relationships with International community groups, centers of influence, businesses, and government entities that help Financial Center establish itself as the premiere provider of financial services to the International community. The position keeps a pulse on governmental and environmental changes that affect the International population and recommends changes in credit union products, service delivery, policy and procedures to remove financial barriers that the International community face. The position also delivers Spanish financial education to the Mexican Consulate, HSA/Work Perks business partners, and community groups, and creates public relations and community involvement opportunities in the international space to help cast Financial Center in a positive light.
- Adheres to Financial Center’s Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside Financial Center
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long term objectives
- Performs daily assignments independently
- Resolves questions or problems on the basis of past precedent and interpretation of policy and procedural guidelines
- Work is reviewed for adherence to policies and procedure
- Ensure that sales and service goals established by the Credit Union are met.
- Responsible for creating external centers of influence in the state of Indiana.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local organizations, businesses, key community leaders, and local officials to increase Financial Center's exposure in the community.
- Maintains positive community relationships and participates in community activities that support the initiatives and direction of the organization to foster future growth through the attainment of new business opportunities.
- Increases the community’s awareness of the Credit Union. Ensures staff is informed about upcoming events and support managers in deepening their presence in their communities. Arranges and schedules appropriate executive team members and other staff members participation at community events. Provides introductions of CU personnel to increase interaction at events.
- Responsible for driving strategy for and assisting in implementation of the credit union’s International community product/service offerings.
- Provides input and/or reviews Spanish marketing documents and campaigns
- Assists with writing and hosts the credit union’s Spanish podcast.
- Acts as talent, upon request, for marketing video, radio and other media spots.
- Recommends members for and assists the VP of Financial Wellness in running the Credit Union’s International Advisory Committee.
- Acts as the Credit Union’s Public Relations Officer in the international communities and projects the professional image of the Credit Union.
- Demonstrates leadership skills commensurate with position and builds positive relationships in the credit union with leadership team and other Credit Union staff.
- Demonstrates our brand promise and builds valuable partnerships in the community we serve by representing the Credit Union in various committees, organizations, and neighborhood.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing or equivalent successful work experience in a retail banking environment
- Should have at least 5 years credit union or related community outreach experience
- Must have verifiable successful outside sales experience
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills in both English and Spanish
- Becomes and remains knowledgeable of all Credit Union products and services
- Must have excellent time management and attention to detail
- Must be able to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy
- Must be proficient in the use of basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to function in a goal-oriented atmosphere
- Must be comfortable in front of a camera and/or live interviews
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to create from scratch
- Must possess multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work well in a team environment – being clear, persuasive and detailed
- Willingness to execute an employment agreement and non-compete clause
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work requires physical mobility within the general work environment including travel within a pre-determined geographic area of Indiana. This will include frequent travel in high traffic and congested areas. Will be required to make presentations to alternate shift schedules and hours will be based on the needs of the position and could include both evening and weekend hours. The International Community Development Officer will be out of the office approximately 75% of the time, standing up for extended periods of time, talking with members, either off-site or within credit union offices. Employee may exert up to 25 pounds of force while lifting and carrying presentation supplies. Opportunity to work remote at manager’s discretion.
Job opportunities listed on this site are in a credit union or related organization. If you are interested in a posted job, respond directly using the information provided. If you have questions, contact Lynley Chapin at the Indiana Credit Union League at (317) 594-5300 or (800) 285-5300. The Indiana Credit Union League acts as a clearinghouse for this listing and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description.